INSPIRING THE NEXT GENERATION OF DANCERS TO BECOME ARTIST!
The Arts Project of Orange County is your one stop shop for all things arts. We are excited to bring DANCE to our students at TAPOC. We bring our the new award-winning and proven Twinkle Star Dance™ Curriculum and Choreography to you here in san Clemente. All of our dance classes - Twinkle Babies™ ages 2-3, Twinkle Stars™ ages 3-4, 4-5, & 5-6 and Rising Stars Ballet, Jazz, Tap, Hip-Hop and Lyrical - are composed of age-specific and fun class curriculum proven to keep young dancers fully engaged and excited about their dance class.
Why Choose Us?
1. Curriculum and Choreography - We are the only studio in the area to exclusively offer Twinkle Star Dance™ Curriculum and Choreography that was developed by top dance professionals over the last 30 years. Dancers learn technique and terminology in a positive, creative environment that is age-specific and fun!
2. Limited Class Sizes - To ensure a positive learning environment and continued growth, all of our dance classes are limited in size and concentrate on dance technique and terminology for the appropriate stage of your child’s development.
3. Instructors - Our instructors are highly-qualified dance professionals with certifications and continued training on the Twinkle Star™ and numerous other dance programs and teacher training opportunies.
4. Customer Service - We strive to create an environment where our teachers can focus on teaching. That’s why we’re proud of the many innovations we’ve adopted to make your family’s dance experience positive. From a well-maintained facility to a simple, streamlined registration process and a world-class costume and dancewear ordering system. The Arts Projectis on the cutting edge of dance management technology.
5. Performances - Our goal is to cultivate a community centered around our dance families, that’s why we offer opportunities like the Holidays Showcase or the Daddy Daughter Dance to get our families more involved. Dance is a performance art and we work each season to get even our littlest movers ready for the stage at our annual June concert.
6. Highly Qualified Owner - Michelle Hanson-Carpenter is highly respected in the dance industry and local community. Michelle has 30 years of dance and teaching experience and is committed to providing all students with high-quality dance education.
What to except on the first day – from one parent to another!
Dear Parents of our Twinkle Babies,
We are very excited to welcome your little one to our Twinkle Babies Dance™ program. We look forward to seeing all of the beautiful little dancers all dressed in pink! We know that as a parent you have a vision for how you think the first day will go.
We are writing this letter in order to give you some ideas of how it might go, and how it might not. You may take this advice for whatever it is worth to you. All children are different and react differently in situations. Usually a brand new 2 year old will cling to mom as they walk in the studio door, as they are unaware of their environment. Everything to them is new. Please arrive early on the first day in order to get them acclimated to their new teacher and environment.
Separation anxiety is one of the most common issues on the first day, you may overcome this by explaining to your child before they arrive that mommy will watch them through the window during the class and that mommy won’t leave during the duration of the class.
Our Twinkle Babies Dance™ class is designed as a teacher/child class. Our policy is that all parents need to be in the lobby when class is in session. We also need to keep the door to the studio closed during class, in order to avoid any wandering dancers. We will work with you and your child to achieve success in bringing happy dancers into the classroom without mom. This is a gradual process for most babies.
Have you ever noticed that when one 2 year old begins to cry, the others follow suit? We have observed this as well and it is why we need to have any crying child wait with mom outside at the window until they feel confident to come back in. We know this sounds harsh, but we will make every attempt at calming your child and getting them to join the class that we possibly can, before we ask the mom to exit the room. Sometimes the child is actually upset just being in the room, so you may calm them down more effectively outside. In the past we let the parent of an unsure child remain in the room with the child; however, we found that this practice can distract other dancers, and the inability for Mom to leave the room in subsequent weeks, as the child has learned, “my mommy stays with me”.
Most of the time our little dancers come into the room right away and never look back. Sometimes our little dancers aren’t ready for a teacher/child class. As parents, we won’t know until we try. Please remember that it sometimes takes a few weeks in order for the child to warm up to the idea, even if they LOVE to dance.
Lastly, our goal on the first day is to get every child into the class without mom and without crying. If we have done that we have succeeded. Please don’t be alarmed if your child just stands in her hula hoop and stares at the teacher jumping up and down. They are simply observing their environment. They will dance when they are ready!!! We hope you all have a positive experience at our studio. Please don’t hesitate to call us if you have questions or concerns.
Your Twinkle Babies Instructors!